I’ve never really been a summer person. I hate the heat, but what can you do in a place like Chennai? So instead of cribbing about it I decide to see the bright side and tell you the top 10 things I like about summers. So here it goes:
1) Fruits– My top favourite during summers is the fruits, I love mangoes, lychees and all kinds of melons.
2)Summer dresses– This has got to be my favourite. I love summer dresses in every form printed, floral, pastel colours etc.
3) Indian wear– These days I’ve really been enjoying Indian clothes. A good fit kurti with palazzos is my go to thing this summer.
4) Everything tassel– Lately I’ve been obsessed with tassels be it in the form of earrings, hanging through a sleeve or just a phone accessory. Loving it all.
5) Bright colours– Even though I’m in love with pastels I prefer bright and vibrant colours during summers. Yellow, hot pink, electric blue these are few of my favourites.
6)Brunches– Even though I’m not a morning person I would always choose food over sleep. And brunches with a good chilled beer is something I could do every day. This is one of the things I miss doing every Sunday in Pune since Chennai barely has good places for it.
7) Makeup shopping– It’s a weird one, but makeup you use during winters and summers needs to be different and I love the fact that I get to go and shop for makeup, its one of my favourite things to do.
8)Travelling– Yes! we can travel all the time, but since I was a kid I’ve been going to Dehli to visit my family every summer and it’s become a thing now and so this definitely makes my top 10 list.
9) Summer shopping– Well, who doesn’t like shopping? Buying new clothes, accessories its something I love doing and I’m sure you guys love it too.
10)Beach house parties– Last but not the least this is another thing I love doing. Heading to my friend’s beach house and spending the entire day there. I rather do that than go to a crowded bar.
So these were my top 10 things I love about summer and this is exactly what inspires my look. I paired up my white printed summer dress with pale pink colour sandals and tassel earrings to make the entire look stand out. This look is perfect for brunches, a day out at your friend’s beach house or just hanging out with your girlfriends. It’s a very simple look yet makes you stand out of the crowd. Try it yourself and enjoy your summer.
Dress from Quicksilver
Shoes and bag from Steve Madden
Rings from Vero Moda
Earrings from Koovs.com
Find this exact look at Phoenix Market City, Chennai.