“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.”
There you go. Yet another quote from Tumblr. Trying to be all wise and sound. But how many of us really impact on the quotes we share every day? It’s easy to copy and paste and get 100 likes on it. But what happens after the 100 likes? I was in a stage just like this at the beginning of the year. I was worried about how it would be? Or what would happen? But wasn’t enjoying the present. And realized that I’ve wasted almost a year thinking about the future and not taking up opportunities coming my way because they wouldn’t have worked with my future plan? But I really forgot about one thing. Things never work out the way you want them to. Everything happens for a reason and at the right moment. Even if you plan every step. Things will work out the way they have to and how the universe has planned it for us.
So one day I sat down and starting dwelling on the past thinking about the opportunities I’d missed and what could’ve been? I did that for a day and the next morning got over it. It was time to finally do the obvious. Live today. Live like it’s your last day. And since then that’s what I’ve been doing. Live without the fear of wondering what would happen. If it makes you happy today, do it.
I’m sharing a few points you need to keep in mind:
1) You got to be selfish. It’s important to respect your parents or your loved ones. We often do things for them and forget about us. Learn to be a bit selfish. Because always remember, people always leave. So make yourself happy before you make anyone else happy.
2) Be grateful. Learn to thank your god or the universe for what you have. Even if you’re having a shitty day. Just stop and say thank you. That will take you a long way.
3) Stop giving a damn. I’m not asking you to be rude or ignore someone’s feelings. But if you’re doing something for a person’s happiness which doesn’t make you happy at all. Don’t do it.
4) Stop procrastinating. It’s easier said than done. But you’ll feel so content with yourself if you stop leaving work for tomorrow and do it when needed.
5) Just breathe. You may be having the shittest day ever, but it will be fine. Don’t say things like you’re life sucks. Believe in miracles . They happen all the time. You never know what tomorrow might bring.
About the outfit
I’m wearing this gorgeous maroon suit with a sheer maroon top to add some texture to the look. Wearing the same colour from top to bottom is a major trend right now and if done right it can take you a long way. I kept the hair and makeup simple to compliment the entire look. Do try it with different coloured suits.
Trends of 2018 used in this look:
2. Monochromatic colour scheme
3. PVC shoes
4. Nude Lips
5. Middle hair partition.
Suit from @simplymodashop. (www.noopur.co/shop)
Heels from Shein.com
Top from Shein.com